Are you looking to quit smoking, loose some weight or just generally want to look at your health? You may find the following websites a great place to start.
Smoking: https://www.nhs.uk/smokefree or call them on 0300 123 1044 Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm and Saturday and Sunday 11am to 4pm
- The website offers telephone help line, web chat, email, and app options.
Weight loss: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-weight/start-the-nhs-weight-loss-plan/
- Includes a 12-week self-led online, weight-loss programme
- Helpful tips on how you can improve your health by making changes to your drinking
Physical activity: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/get-active-your-way/
NHS Health Checks: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/nhs-health-check/
- This is a mid-life MOT for 40-74 year olds, once every 5 years. Your GP practice can review your cholesterol, blood pressure and lifestyle to see if you might be at greater risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes or dementia in the future.
One You: https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/
- The website is aimed at adults 40+ but can be used by others to get information and do self-checks that help you move more, eat more healthily and assess your mental health. The One You website includes links to many of the sites above, as well as apps and self-assessments.