Solent Physiotherapy Service - Self Referral
Solent Physiotherapy Service offers assessment and treatment for people who have a musculoskeletal (MSK) problems – that is a condition which affect the muscles and skeleton of the body. It also includes tendons, ligaments, joints, and nerves.
Do I need to see a GP before I can refer to this service?
No, this service is for patients to self-manage and refer themselves. You must make sure that you complete all the required information on the referral form before returning it to them directly by post or email. You must make contact with the service after 4 working days (longer if you have posted it) to arrange your appointment.
Who can Self-Refer?
- You are aged 16 or over
- You are registered with a Southampton GP Practice
- You have a muscle or joint problem, including back/neck pain, joint pain, strains or sprains
- This referral option is not available to people under 16 years, or if you have a neurological, paediatric, respiratory, obstetric or gynaecological problem.
- Referrals for post-operative rehabilitation will not be accepted from patients registered with a Southampton GP. This service is provided by University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust.
How can I Self-Refer?
- Via the online form - click here for the online form.
- Paper form - click here to print a copy.
- Printed copy available from reception staff at the Practice.